Monday, January 16, 2006

The Great Bath Mat Mystery

We have had some mysterious happenings around our house. Every night, I, because I am so good and brave, sleep loose in the bedroom. Mike and Jewel sleep in crates. Sometime when we are all asleep, someone or something sneeks in and rearranges the bath mats.
It's a mystery....  Mom is a little annoyed by having to fix them every morning. She says she can't imagine who would be doing this in the middle of the night.

Could it be a burgler? A dog? A cat? A squirrel? I have never seen anyone, but I will keep my eyes and ears open. I'll let you know what I find out.

PS: The black thing is my toy Hockey Puck from Planet Dog.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm, maybe one of you is sleep walking! I do that sometimes when I get uncomfortable sleeping on one side. While I'm switching to the other I have my eyes closed and sometimes walk a few steps.

What do you think?

Cal

Robin CHAN said...

Nice post...

Strange, my daddy is also complaining about the same problem in the morning

I also dun know who did it.... :)

And sometime in the middle of the night, Bodhi will bark when it lost his balance and fell into the laudry basket.

HanktheDog said...

Sometimes mysteries are best left unsolved, Splash. In this case, it's better to just let sleeping dogs lie.

IndyPindy said...

That is very strange! Hmmm...can you get your mom to set up a camera and catch the culprit?

Freda said...

Hey Splash,

The same thing happened at our place. Dad heard a weird noise in the bathroom. He grabbed my spy camera (I never barked he could use it!) and snapped a picture. The culprit turned out to be me. For some reason I like clawing at these yellow rugs or at the carpet in various parts of the house. Wonder of those crazy little voles are runnin' around under the carpet? I'll post my picture on my blog.

Is this a dog thing?

Woof!

Freda

Ender said...

Hmmm, yes, it sounds to me that it could very well be a cat burgler! Get it, Cat Burgler! I take things alot and run off with them all the time! I know I'm not suposed to have something when my mom and/or dad run after me! It's fun! I wish I had someone else to blame!