Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Tuesdays are for agility

Last night was our agility group class. My friend the Vizla and my friend the All-American were not there. So there was only me and my friend the Border Collie and my friend the Border Terrier. I am Border-line so we were all Border in some way, ha ha ha.

I did the teeter totter very well, on the 3 setting. Mom was able to send me, call me, and run past me but not fast. We did round-the-clock up until about 2pm when I started to jump up onto the middle a little. We also did a jump before the teeter and that was no prob.

I also did a drill with two jumps side by side. I have to jump over one, and then come back over the other one. Mom holds her arm out to help me stay out. I don't like being too far away. The jumps got moved to 3 ft apart and I was still able to do it. This is going to teach me the 270 to a second jump that is so popular in agility courses these days.

Then we did drills with the weave poles, including some round-the-clock with that. Jumps before and after the poles too. I also did that Monday night, so I am getting better at that.

I must mention I have a hard time seeing my Alley-Oop in the dark. It's yellow, err Gray rather, and I just don't see it well. Mom says she will try to make it white for me. I think I would like that.

1 comment:

Freda said...

Hey Splash,

Sounds like you are havin' lots of fun and really know what you're doin'! All those terms and activities. Unless I train a vole to do all that and then follow him I don't think I could do what you do. Good on ya mate!

Woof!

Freda