Thursday, April 11, 2013

Crate games

It has been crazy busy here with Ping our new Border Collie puppy. It is Good Thing that puppies are so fun to train because otherwise we would kill the little darlings.

Ping and I are on day 3 of crate games. We've had about 6 mini-sessions in all.  As of tonight, she is starting to accelerate to the crate and I am increasing distance. As of this last session, I started naming it "get in yer crate!". It's a long name but something I'll actually remember.


After crate games I took Ping and Ki out to the yard to destress. As I predicted, the office is a hot spot and it will be a long time before they can be together in there. If ever. BCs are funny about resources, and the office hangout's a big one.

I did a free shaping session later with a small stool. It took a little zen time on my part, but eventually she look toward-ish the stool and in a short time she was standing on it.

Leash practice is up next. She doesn't really know how to walk on a leash at all. It's tough though -- she is at 5 months, dead center of the secondary fear period, and she's not used to traffic. I keep it very low key in my driveway and use chikin'. She likes her chikins.

No comments: