Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Clicker games

Lots to report, I'm a little behind. Monday night there was no agility class as the facility was too wet from rain. But I got a special invitation to come and play, provided we brought Jewel so our instructor could play with her. Fine by me. I got to play frisbee with mom, and I caught quite a few. We also played 2 on, 2 off of the wobbly board. I was beat after that, and so was Jewel. Mike waited in the car.

Last night mom and I played the clicker games in the kitchen, as it was raining hard. We are playing this game, haven't quite figured out all the rules as they keep changing, but it has something to do with the dumbell and me picking it up. Thought I had it cold, but now I have to hold it? I'll let you know what I figure out. Mom says I am very good at clicker games, so it shouldn't take me much longer.

Jewel says she went to the target plate at arm's length (whoa don't strain yourself there), did left and right, and demonstrated she knows what the clicker sound means. She also got to sit in MY BED in the office while mom did email, photo evidence below. Note this is MY BED.

Jewel likes the hammock 

2 comments:

Freda said...

Hey Splash,
Now that you have a sister you will have to learn to share certain things. But you're right, your bed? And at work? My humans both had a sister and it was hard for them to share but it all worked out. Just give Jewel a little while to learn what is yours and what you will share with her and things will be fine.
Clicker games. Sounds like fun, but I am enjoying retired life. I don't know if I want to start a new activity right now. I will have to lie in MY bed and think it over.
You had asked about DAP. It means Dog Appeasement Pheromone. It helps dogs and cats (They use CAP) get over certain anxieties. Separation, thunderstorms, etc. Your human plugs it in like one of those smelly room scent things. When my friend Tule and I are left home alone it helps us settle down. We use it only as needed. So it has lasted many months. I guess some animals need it plugged in all the time. I have to remind my humans to plug it in when a thunderstorm is coming. I hope this link works for you.
http://www.healthypets.com/dapdogappher.html?OVRAW=%22D.A.P.%22&OVKEY=d.a.p&OVMTC=standard
If not, you can 'Google' or 'Clusty.com' it. My typist likes Clusty for searches because it sorts sites for you in a side bar instead of just dumping all the sites on you like Google.
Keep on clickin'.

Unknown said...

Clicker games hmmmm sounds interesting - have you been able to get your humans to respond to that? On that "Train to your weaknesses" thing, I can say that my humans believe in that a lot! they are always making me do stuff I can't remember or when i'm distracted by other dogs and stuff. At first it was very irritating, but now I finally get what they are doing. But it's still sooo hard not to be distracted. I love anything that moves, I just have to look.